Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog me about it



When I was in Seoul, I spent all of my spare weekends seeking out something exciting and new to do. While in a foreign country I thought to myself, "You only live once!" I barely had to try to find new things. As a foreigner, everything you encounter is new. I went see The Nutcracker, The B-Boy and the Ballerina (as seen above), the Whitney Houston concert, countless museums, palaces full of beauty and architecture, the DMZ, a butterfly festival, a boat cruise along the Hangul, the Lotus Lantern parade, a Buddhist retreat, and I spent lots of time at amusement parks. The information for events is always out there. We just have to look for it. People need to get curious about their cities and embrace what is going on within them. Where has their craving for adventure gone? Some people are all too comfortable to stay indoors and watch television until their eyes roll inside their head. What happened to fun, free, curiousity? My enjoyment was a mouse-click away. I found two useful blogs which told me anything I wanted to know. Blogs are the best way to communicate to the new generation of techies and avid adventurers.

Here in London, most of the advertisments I see are stapled posters on the light poles of downtown, or in Scene Magazine. Culture Days was not a success, and I'm sure many events pass unsatisfied in London. I have found a few hotspots for London's art scene, but they are both websites...

http://www.londonarts.ca/Default.aspx?Select=Events

http://www.londonfuse.ca/

These sites are interesting and provide great information, but where are the blogs? Who is recording what is happening in London?

I know, I know, London is not as big as Seoul- but I can't help but notice a lack.

Instead of companies sending emails which say "Invest now" or "Buy tickets" it may be more better to make communications more personal. Promoters need to build a relationship with audiences. Blogs are interactive and easy to view. They take time to establish, but they could be worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment